Skip to main content

It's been a hard few months...but I survived!

Well I'm back, I think. The main reason I've been gone is because I work retail and this Holiday season the store I work at did better than most. Then some unexpected family complications kept me away from sewing and the computer for a few more weeks until we got iced in.

We're expecting another wave of snow Wednesday and I'm kind of sick of it. I'm glad I don't live or moved further north because I don't understand how y'all deal with it. I hope everyone snowed under multiple feet of snow since Christmas are staying sane, healthy & warm.

I did, at least, finally got back to a sewing machine while we were iced in. I finished 4 of these blocks from the [info]blockofthemonth  group. I just need two more to catch back up. I'm really happy that my skills are better than I remembered!




I hope I can keep up posting more but only time will tell. I feel really unsettled and scatterbrained so I won't be surprised if it takes me another month to post.

Comments

Popular

The quilt with two names

I've known about this quilt forever. I originally read about it on the Quilting Board way before I'd seen the Jelly Roll Race or the 1600 inch quilt. You can find the original post here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/super-fast-jelly-roll-quilt-t44258.html   I recommend you wade through it because there are a lot of nice examples. On page 7 is a picture tutorial and somewhere in there is a discussion of making different sizes and using different widths. She used to have a PDF printout for free but you could just print the first page.  Anyways, I used my JoAnn's, 20 strip jelly roll to try this out.  I wanted to also separate the strips by piecing squares in between them. I really like that look for this quilt so I chose a crazy scrap I had laying around and cut twenty 2 1/2 inch squares. The jelly roll had only ten different fabrics, 2 strips of each, so I pieced squares on one end of each strip. I should clarify, you need to piece strips of