Jan 29, 2012

Apron ver. 1.2

I felt like I needed to add more to the pirate apron I made for the guys the other day. I came across this tutorial for some simple potholders that I wanted to try and decided this is what it needed, attached potholders! It's not my original idea. I know I've seen something about them on the web before but it was ages ago so I can't tell you where.

I will admit, I bought 2 cheap $1 FQs because my potholders see heavy use and I won't feel too bad taking these off to replace one day. I made 2, 9-patch blocks with the second method on this page.

I read the directions on the potholder instructions wrong so I made my blocks 12.5 inches square instead of using 4 inch squares and making it 11 inches square. I just kept on making them, measured the un-batted finished square and cut 2 pieces of Warm & Natural batting 8 3/8 inches square to fit. It'll work out fine since my husband has large hands anyway.



I quilted them along the seam lines and attached them to the bottom corners of the apron and voila! No more lost potholders!

I love the way this came out. I hope it turns out to be a practical idea. Maybe I'll make a cake today to try it out.



sew many ways

3 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to make an apron that has built in potholders. Thanks for the reminder! New follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Thanks for following, I'll follow yours too :oD

      Delete
  2. Built in potholders... brilliant idea!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I hope to have a reply to you shortly but if not it's because I'm busy quilting.