This pattern intrigued me this past spring. The shorts were unlike anything I had seen before so I decided to make a muslin for it. It's a misses size pattern and I cut the biggest, size 22.
It was just a few simple pieces and went together easy. I used my rolled hem foot to tackle the tons of hemming on each piece without driving myself crazy. I left out the buttonholes and the lacing in front since I was just making a muslin. Instead of using the facing, I sewed the outer parts in reverse, right side to wrong side, and turned it out so the seam lays between the two layers. The back of the outer petals also curved up funny so I left that out and cut it out along the line for the skirt view.
I put them on and they fit a bit snug but not disastrous. What didn't work out was that the muslin was very stiff and with my big curvy hips it stuck out funny everywhere! Like other reviewers mentioned, the sides in the under layer seem to fall open a lot.
I'm thinking of making this again in a knit that drapes, leaving out the zip, ties & buttonholes, and extending the outer skirt down more and across to meet at the top front and seam it together there. I might also make the skirt view in a knit too. I'm too curvy to get it to hang right otherwise. It also needs to be longer overall. This was definitely a learning project as far as figuring out what doesn't work.